- Office hours for Pastor Rhodes are Wednesdays from 8:30am-12:30pm.
2. Reverencing the Cross; We begin Worship by facing the back of the sanctuary. As we sing the first hymn the Cross is carried to the front of the church. We should turn and bow as the Cross passes by. We do the same at the end of Worship as the Cross is carried from the front to the back of the Sanctuary. Symbolic of the procession with the Cross of Jesus going on before, is a powerful suggestion of the Christian Life, following Christ wherever he leads.
3. Please remember to share and use the service videos as an introduction to CULC to your friends and neighbors as an assist to help increase the flock.
4. WOMEN’S MEETING: The women are meeting the second Saturday of each month at the church, 9:30am. Everyone is invited. Bring a breakfast item. Next meeting is July 10th. Contact Karin T. for more information.
5. Portals of Prayer devotionals are in the Narthex.
6. The Council is requesting that there be some more current photos of the events of the congregation, so they are asking for everyone to snap pictures of our times together and to send them to David C. His email is [email protected]
7. There will be a “meeting of interest” June 27th right after worship for anyone interested in the music program here at Christ United. With the lifting of wearing masks and folks being more comfortable in social gatherings we would like to start up our choir and increase participation in the contemporary ban so mark your calendars.
8. Bible Study will begin again. David Abdon’s, The Maturing Disciple. A study of 1st Corinthians. The class will begin June 6 (Sunday) at 6:00 p.m.
9. Also, the NALC NEWS was sent out via email and there are a few copies of that in the Narthex as well or you can go to the NALC website for your own copy.
10. Church Day Camp for the Catawba Valley Mission District: The Day Camp will be June28-July 2, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at New Jerusalem in Hickory, for rising-k through 8th grade. The cost for the camp is $100 with scholarships available, so all can attend. There will be a meet-and-greet on Sunday evening, June2, and a cookout on Thursday evening, July1, respective times to be determined. Melanie Corn, the Carolinas Mission Region Youth coordinator, has put together an outstanding program. Registration forms and more information are on the table in the Narthex.
11. NALC Disaster Response: We have begun an ongoing ministry opportunity to help gather supplies for the NALC Disaster Response warehouse in North Carolina. There is a list of the items needed in the Narthex as well as the May newsletter. Please bring your items and place them in the Narthex in the designated area. If you cannot provide complete kits, bring any items that you wish and we will send them on and others will build a complete kit.
12. VBS will be held at CULC on Saturday, July 24, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mark you calendars NOW. All children are welcome. Spread the work. More information will be forthcoming.
13. Mark Your Calendars for June 26 and August 28. Music, food, and fellowship will be happening those days. Times and other details to follow.